Thursday, September 11, 2008

Bad Influences



Have you ever ran with the wrong crowd? I mean, ever hung out with someone or a group of people who were bad, got into lots of trouble or were just plain negative? Well I know I have. I guess it's just my kind nature to not want to judge people even if they're bad.

A while ago, most of my friends were "tough guys". I mean, some of these guys were pretty big. Me myself being tall and mid weight didn't compare to their size. But we always seemed to get along. I wasn't much for wanting to be the leader of the crew, but when times got rough I could hold my own. There had been a few times when my "buddies" got drunk I would have to show my rougher side. They were always amazed that I could pick them up too.

I figure there are many of us who have ran with the wrong crowd. Then when (if) we matured, we wanted to hang around those who were willing to do more with their lives. That's how it went for me at least. There came a time where I left virtually all my bad acquaintances. And only associated with friends who were taking care of business, or showed true steps towards being a positive influences.

Some how today, even after I've left all my old friends, there are still others who seem to have a bad influence on me. Like one of my neighbors for instance. Of course I live here, so it's almost impossible to ignore someone that close, and it's never good to not at least try and be neighborly to others. But to be flat out truthful, the guy is too negative. I can't say he's the ultimate bad influence, but man sometime this guy gets to me.

I hate to talk bad about him, but his negativity I see it as bad company. No I won't say it's all the time, more or less done at the wrong times. He'll go on complaining about what he really wants. Like a good relationship, or to find the purpose in his life. And one day I saw him out front talking to a lovely looking lady. They were out there for hours on his front porch talking. Then the next day he'll ran out of his house just to tell me of this wonderful woman that came over, he said she cooked for him and everything. Then all the sudden he'll go back to complaining that he still hasn't found what he's been looking for.

I'm like man gee whiz! What you were looking for was right in front of you last night! What the hell are you complaining for? I won't him that, but I'm standing there thinking all this. And that's not the only time this has happened. There have been other times, with different scenarios as well. I see all this complaining as pure negativity. You just can't be that lucky to sit there and not know it.




KRahmaan
Have you forgotten your childhood dreams?

No comments: