Sunday, February 1, 2009

What does love got to do with it?



Quite a day I had earlier today.

I woke up and it seemed colder outside than usual. Brrrr, I swore I could see my breath with every exhale. So as usual I started my day, threw some coffee on the stove top and hopped in the bathroom to freshen up. "Knock, knock!" I knew I heard someone knocking at my door but now already preoccupied I can't come to the door. But they know I'm here, because of the music in the background.

"Knock, knock!" There it is again. So I hurry to see who it is, half naked. Just to see that they've already left. Just great! So back to my business. OK, all fresh now. My pot of coffee is ready to go and I notice that I have new messages on my answering machine. I wonder who in the hell this could be? Hopefully not more of these recorded telemarketing messages that have been constantly calling me these days. Makes me just want to rip the phone out the sockets forever!

"Four new messages". One is from my mother, looks like someone else in the family has just died. Too bad, but for some reason. Today I just don't want to feel sad. Just a few days back, I almost lost my dad. My uncle just passed away, but he never kept himself healthy anyway. He always ate whatever, and never cared about his diet. Plus he was very old so I guess he's finally at peace. I know that he died content for he always did what he wanted.

Another message is from a friend, "Hey buddy, I was knocking at your door earlier!" "Give me a call when you're available -later." So that's who was knocking at my door, good old buddy Jay from way back. Hadn't spoke to him in a long old time. My old sparing partner, we used to spar in our prime.

The third message was came from the district. You gotta love those people, "Mr. Rahmaan, we are contacting you in regards to your problems..." Give me a break, I can't stand when they think they'll be able to solve them. I thought I already told that guy I'd call back on Monday, and here he is calling me Friday -three days too early. Good thing I missed the call.

My last message was from my good buddy V. But I'll call him later because all he does is like to talk my ear off. Now on my way, leaving the house is like entering into another realm. I should be feeling down, but for some reason today I feel like I'll be calling all the shots. First trip is to my mailbox.

Nothing there, but the rent is due. There goes another 25bucks! Shucks, oh well on to Best Buy time to get some more supplies! I'm in the media business so Best Buy has exactly what I need, plus the pretty girls there are always willing to help my spree. But today they seem extra specially nice...

Maybe it's because women just have that sixth sense, and they know I'm hiding my pain. But still the same, I continue to just be me. But still they're all nicer today, and I must say they're all seeming to just be surrounding me. So now I wait, this line isn't too great but look a new register is opening and there's another girl there even more beautiful than the rest -oh my!

So exotic, even kind of erotic it seems like one of those moments in time that just last. Now having all my needed supplies, it's time to say goodbye. The most important runs are done now, so time to head back to the lab and continue my project. But not just yet it is time to eat again!

"In and Out, that's what a hamburger's all about!" Yep, I've got this hanker for some In and Out. Should I drive threw? No, I think I'll just walk-in-and-out. Wow, baM, Hubba hubba! You mean to tell me there are mostly only girls working this shift? And most of the customers here are women too, exotic ones at that! Today seems very odd, but I must say a hungry man is unhappy man on the job.

I place my order and sit down to wait, a few minutes barely go by and there's my plate! And who is it there who hands me my order? Well just about the most prettiest girl out of the whole bunch. I say "Thank you ma'am, and no ketchup please." Smile, then I'm on my way. I forgot to stop by the post office on my earlier runs, so after exiting the furlough I drop by. And there it happens again, more candy for my eye!

I see a girl, who I just could have fell in love with. About 5'2, the perfect height and just the right size. Long flowing hair, & think lovely thighs. Oh my! "Hello miss". What a lovely day, to just have had a 'real' loved one to just pass away. All the women that I encountered this day, I'll probably never see again. Man, but was I really in love just fantasizing on the possibilities -I guess?

Today was just one of those rare and odd type of days. Who knows, maybe there's something out that has more love for a guy like me then I could imagine. Maybe a guardian angel, maybe even better than that? I figure mother earth, she's got my back...




~Today's horoscope~

Scorpio
February 01, 2009



Greediness isn't just about money -- people can
be greedy about time, too. And it is just as
negative. So if you feel like someone is
demanding too much of yours, it's perfectly fine
to say something to them about it. Make it clear
that while you enjoy spending time with them,
you have your own life to lead. Too many people
tie their identity to the identity of someone else,
and you shouldn't encourage that. You're your
own person, and they should be, too.




_____________________________________________
K. Rahmaan
You can only control how you see today.

No comments: